The Laboratory Safety Committee (Laboratory Safety Committee) at BU provides guidance and administrative oversight of environmental health and safety in BU’s academic research and teaching laboratories. The LSC develops policies and guidelines to assist in addressing hazardous materials and processes in the laboratory workplace to ensure that personnel work safely.
Are you a researcher looking for guidance and resources on lab safety and training at BU? Peruse this list of?Lab Safety Resources to get started.
Role and Responsibilities
- Annual review of the Chemical Hygiene Plan (CHP)
- Monitoring the status and implementation of the CHP
- Review of Standard Operating Procedures for use of High Hazard Chemicals
- Review of written safety guidelines and training programs
- Forum for discussion of laboratory safety related incidents and issues
Policies and guidance from other areas of Research Compliance, including Environmental Health & Safety and the Institutional Biosafety Committee, that may be helpful include:
Links to Other Resources
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA)
- Campus Safety Health and Environmental Management Association (CSHEMA)
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR)
- Toxicology Data Network (TOXNET)
Links to Regulatory Agencies